Saturday, February 27, 2010

Setting Up Your Story

Because I am still early on in my writing process, I am working on outlining my story and planning out each chapter and scene!  There are as many different methods and thoughts on this process as there novels already written!  Each person looks at this differently and approaches their novels in a new way.

For me, I like to be fairly organized in my approach and have a really good game plan before I let the creative part take over.  For many, it may be the opposite.  They may prefer to just let the creative juices flow and then come back and in the editing process make sure they have a sound scene.

Recently, I came across a technique that I love.  It's noticing the difference between a scene and a sequel and then putting them together to create movement in your story.  I am reading a fabulous book called, Techniques of the Selling WriterTechniques of the Selling Writer  and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in finding new and fresh ideas about the craft of writing.

1 comment:

  1. deal or no game

    hi Ramona, thanks for this nice post... Thanks for sharing your information........

    ReplyDelete

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP